Category : Homepage Posts
Arabic Cultural Club of Ontario
AN OPEN INVITATION . . . to our Lebanon Pavilion at Carassauga!
Ontario’s Largest & Canada’s 2nd Largest Multicultural Festival
May 25, 26 & 27, 2018
May 22, 2018
Dear Community Members & Friends,
Once again, we are proud to host Lebanon Pavilion at the Carassauga Festival of Cultures. Carassauga is a wonderful opportunity for everyone to learn about and celebrate the cultures for over 72 countries from around the world represented at 32 pavilions. Last year we had over 419,505 visits overall (Lebanon pavilion had over 31,280 visits), and this year we are expecting a larger scale celebration as we celebrate the 33rd anniversary.
This year we are celebrating our 10th anniversary at Carassauga, and our Lebanon pavilion provides an exciting sample of the music, dance, food and culture of Lebanon and the Arab World. There will be around-the-clock performances that will include two fabulous shows:
– Show 1: Sections of a musical play show is inspired by “Al Mahatta” or “The Station”; written by famous Lebanese writers and composers “Rahbani Brothers” that includes singing, dances, dabke and more (show will run at the top of the hour at every EVEN hour).
– Show 2: Variety performances of folk dances and musical sketches in cultural costumes (show will run at the top of the hour at every ODD hour).
In addition to live music, singing and dancing performances in between the two shows; performed by talented community members. Then an open floor after 10 p.m. on Sat. & Sun. for all to learn & share with others rounds of dabke (Lebanese dance).
At our pavilion, you will also be able to visit and enjoy the following displays and activities:
– Vendors’ Exhibits: Includes; paintings, posters, arts, crafts, artizana, jewelry, books and more cultural items for sale
– Arabic Calligraphy: Visitors will learn about the Arabic alphabet and can have their name written in Arabic
– Kids’ Fun Zone: Includes; face painting, henna tattoo, colouring, arts and crafts, and kids camp information
– Arabain Setting: Visitors can get their photo taken in Lebanese traditional costume
Documentary: A video/audio presentation about Lebanon history, culture, tourism & Bio about some famous Lebanese Legends
– Cuisine: Sample our tasty and healthy Lebanese cuisine with a wide variety of veggie and non-veggie dishes plus sweets, desserts, fresh fruits, slushies and more…
Doors Open: 7:30 p.m. on Friday May 25 and 1:00 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday May 26 & 27.
Location: Hershey Center at 5500 Rose Cherry Place – Community Rinks 2, Door C, Mississauga, ON.
Awards presentation and few words from our Presenting Sponsor “Adonis” representative will take place at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday May 27.
Passports: Hurry up and save by getting your passport for TEN dollars between now and May 25. FREE for kids 12 and under. To order, please call: 416-562-2991 or 416-389-7314 or visit: www.ACCOclub.com or www.Carassauga.com.
We are looking forward to seeing you, your family and friends on May 25 – 27, 2018, and we would like to express our many thanks to all our Sponsors, Performers and Volunteers for their outstanding community support and hard work.
Like and share our Facebook page: Carassauga Lebanon Pavilion 👍
Note: Please forward this open invitation to all friends & families, thanks!
ACCO – Lebanon Pavilion Organizing Committee