This is an OPEN invitation from our friends at the Arabic Cultural Club of Ontario ( Carassauga Festival 2016 )…
CDS Board of Directors
AN OPEN INVITATION . . . to our Lebanon Pavilion at Carassauga!
Ontario’s Largest & Canada’s 2nd Largest Multicultural Festival
May 27, 28 & 29, 2016
May 24, 2016
Once again, we are proud to host Lebanon Pavilion at the Carassauga Festival of Cultures. Carassauga is a wonderful opportunity for everyone to learn about and celebrate the cultures for over 70 countries from around the world represented at 29 pavilions. Last year we had over 338,000 visits overall (Lebanon pavilion only had 29,329 visits), and this year we are expecting a larger scale celebration as we celebrate the 31st anniversary.
At our 8th anniversary at Carassauga, Lebanon pavilion provides an exciting sample of the music, dance, food and culture of Lebanon and the Arab World. There will be around-the-clock performances that will include three fabulous shows:
– Show 1: A musical play show is inspired by “Sah Ennawm”; written by Lebanese writers and composers “Rahbani Brothers” that includes singing, dances, dabkeh and more (show will run at the top of the hour at every EVEN hour).
– Show 2: A lovely and cute kids show by our community talented kids, who will be performing sections of “Nass Min Waraq” musical play that includes dabkeh, belly and figure dances (show will run at the top of the hour at every ODD hour).
– Show 3: “Evolution Dance Theatre” presents a combination of solo and group Middle Eastern dances including live dance instructions (show will run at the half hour on Saturday: 5:30 till 9:00 p.m. | Sunday: 2:30 till 5:00 p.m.).
In addition to live music and singing performances after 9 p.m. on Sat. and Sun.
At our pavilion, you will also be able to visit and enjoy the following displays and activities:
– Vendors’ Exhibits: Includes; paintings, posters, arts, crafts, artizana, jewellery, books and more cultural items for sale
– Arabic Calligraphy: Visitors can have their name written in Arabic
– Kids’ Fun Zone: Includes; face painting and henna tattoo
– Arabain Setting: Visitors can get their photo taken in Lebanese traditional costume, plus coffee & dates
Documentary: A video/audio presentation about Lebanon history, culture, tourism and a brief Bio about some famous Lebanese Legends
– Cuisine: Sample our tasty and healthy Lebanese cuisine with a wide variety of veggie and non-veggie dishes plus sweets and desserts
Doors Open: 7:30 p.m. on Friday May 27 and 1:00 p.m. on Saturday & Sunday May 28 & 29.
Location: Hershey Center at 5500 Rose Cherry Place – Community Rinks 2, Door C, Mississauga, ON.
Closing ceremony, sponsors awards presentation and few words from our Presenting Sponsor “Adonis” representative will take place after the last show at 6:00 p.m. on Sunday May 29.
Passports: Hurry up and save by getting your passport for TEN dollars between now and May 27. FREE for kids 12 and under. To order, please call: 416-562-2991 or 416-389-7314 or visit: www.ACCOclub.com or www.Carassauga.com.
We are looking forward to seeing you, your family and friends on May 27 – 29, 2016, and we would like to express our many thanks to all our sponsors, performers and volunteers for their outstanding support and hard work.
Note: Please forward this open invitation to all friends & families, thanks!
ACCO – Lebanon Pavilion Organizing Committee
CDS Board Members
898 Markham Road
Scarborough, On M1H 2Y2
Tel:416-439-3976 Fax: 416-439-6081