Dear Brothers and Sisters:
The Board of Directors of the Canadian Druze Society (the “Board”) is pleased to invite you to our Biennial General Meeting (the “Meeting”). Among other things, the new board of directors will be elected at this Meeting.
The Meeting will take place on May 26, 2019 at the Druze House, 898 Markham Road (the “Druze House”) from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
For your convenience only, please note the following.
As per our by-laws, the Meeting agenda will include as follows:
discussing the reports and the statements required at the Meeting, including,
Last year’s activities report; and
electing 7 directors to become the CDS board for 2 years;
renewing the period of our internal auditor or appointing a new one; and
the transaction of any other business properly brought before the meeting.
The CDS Board has appointed an election committee composed of the following 5 members:
Saed Abouchakra (647.222.0224)
Salah Yehia (416.271.9521)
Rabih Farhat (416.833.6747)
Dunia Rawda (416.704.0108)
Ziad Yehia (416.476.6416) (collectively, the “Election Committee”)
The Election Committee is not permitted to run at the elections.
Please note the following:
1) Persons who intend to run for elections will send their names to the Board by registered mail to the Druze House or email at email@example.com. The Board will check the qualification of the candidate as per the By-Laws, and will confirm the receipt of the request by registered mail or by reply email within 48 hours.
2) The Board will send the names of the candidates to the Election Committee.
3) Persons who want to run for elections must submit their request to the Board at least 30 days prior to election date.
Please also note the qualifications as regards the directors:
Each director shall
1) be at least two years before his/her election, and thereafter remain throughout his/her term, a member in good standing of the Canadian Druze Society;
2) be either a permanent resident of Canada being either a citizen or a landed immigrant;
3) be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
4) not be an undischarged bankrupt nor a mentally incompetent person, nor convicted of a crime;
5) to be in good standing, a member must have paid the one thousand dollars ($1,000) one time initiation payment and his/her dues, in correlation with item .01 above, at least 3 months before election day.
Entitlement to Vote
Only fully paid up (at least ten days prior to election day) in good standing members who must have paid the dues for 2018 and 2019 shall be entitled to vote at the Meeting or at any meeting when members have voting rights.
If you have any questions or concerns, and/or if you would like a copy of the By-Laws, please contact one of the members of the Election Committee.,